Moving has a way of taking me fully out of any and all morning routines, especially ones that haven’t yet formed as habits. So now that my bags are out of my car and I finally have a place to rest, it’s back to my morning routine!
I started my first legit morning routine when I was living in Oakland after seeing this post on Pinterest (I love Pinterest), “10 things successful women do before 9am”. I was immediately like, “success? Where???”, and started my routine the next morning. Now that I’m in Atlanta my morning routine looks like this:
- I wake up at 6:30am and start writing my Morning Gratitude in my Google Docs. This might be better in a journal but I’m used to typing now because of this blog. Docs works for me. I give this my time until 7:30 am.
- Weekly vision board every Sunday. I love Pinterest. I will be including this week’s vision board in the next post! 7:00-8:00 am.
- Meditate. I give myself an hour of meditation time. I don’t always meditate an hour, but I like to go deep so I like to know I have time to kill. 7:30-8:30 am.
- WRITE. I’ve fallen even more deeply in love with writing since I’ve started writing short stories. I’ve started submitting them to grants and publications recently as well. So my short stories + my blog means I’m using my full hour, 8:35-9:35 am, maybe more, to write nonstop.
- Record my first YouTube video of the day and post a video from yesterday. Yesterday I recorded about 5 videos. Today will probably be the same. And for now I’m posting daily since I have enough content. Check out my first YouTube videos and let me know how you like them! 10-11 am.
A morning routine will look different for everyone depending on your daily hustle.
Right now I’m dedicating hustle time to my passion, content creating because fun, it’s my brand and brings me peace of mind.