I learned the Reiki Moving Meditation from my master teacher, Raana J. Brezenoff during my Reiki Lvl III training. It is also found in the Reiki Master Level manual by William Lee Rand. The meditation is done to increase Reiki energy and vitality. It’s great to do every morning to start your day off high, and it’s great any time you need a boost of energy. I do mine mostly every morning as an energy boost and an active prayer.
This meditation does use the DKM symbol, so for those who are unable to access the DKM symbol, modifications can be made.
- Start standing, with your legs hip-distance apart. Shoulders back, take a confident stance. Part of the power is having confidence in your power. For those who have access to the DKM symbol, draw it on both palms while chanting DKM 3 times. Hold your palms close together without them touching and bring them to your heart center. Now, call in all guides, benevolent ancestors, Reiki masters of the past, your higher power, orisha, loa, angels and whoever else you want with you for this meditation. “I call in all spirit guides, spirit, God, Archangel Michael, Archangel Gabriel, Oya, Oshun, Ellegua, Esu, Orunmila, benevolent ancestors to be with me for this Reiki Moving Meditation.”
- Breathe. Chanting “DKM”, Lift your arms up, palms still facing each other, above your head. Turn the palms outward and bring your hands down around you as if tracing to outsides of your aura. Creating a circle, bring your arms slowly back to heart center, palms still not touching. Take a deep inhale… and twice as slowly, exhale audibly while pushing your palms down, clearing your lower chakras. Imagine pushing down all insecurities, fears, blocks, and hesitations into the Earth. Bring your hand back to start. Do this 3 times while chanting “DKM” each time.
- Breathe. Repeat the same movements, this time chanting, “I establish my divine presence on Earth.” This is where those who do not have access to the DKM symbol can start. Do this movement + chant 3 more times.
- Breathe. Repeat the same movements, now chanting, “I accomplish my divine purpose on Earth.” 3 more times.
- Breathe. Now, repeat the same movements while bringing back in “DKM” x3.
That’s one set. About 5 minutes. You do however many sets you like. Me, I usually do one set because I can already start to feel the energy, and I’m usually on-the-go. After you finish the meditation, it’s great to send the Reiki energy you have built up to something or someone. I might call in Archangel Michael again and send the energy to cutting all energetic chords tied to me. I might send it to my crystal grid. I might send it through me to every person I encounter in that day. It’s all your choice.